Tuesday, May 4, 2010 at 6:07pm by Site Administrator
With the dawn of Web 2.0, making money on the Internet has never been easier. Whether you’re in the market to make some extra cash on the side, or you’re trying to create a livable income from your online endeavors, there are numerous ways to make money through the Internet. Below is a list of 50 ways you can cash in during your free time.
Blogging is one of the easiest, most straightforward ways to brand and market yourself on the Internet. By being your own boss, you can decide the subject matter of your posts and how often you want to write articles. Take advantage of these smart money making ideas to make the most of your blog.
- Start your own blog: If you haven’t already started your own blog, you should go ahead and create one now. Use WordPress to help you get an overview of what blogging is, as well as see all the different kinds of designs, tools, and other custom options you can feature on your blog. Blogs can be real moneymakers, as you’ll find out from the following tricks and ideas.
- Write paid reviews on your blog: Setting up your blog so that companies can post advertisements on your blog is one way to make money, but another, more profitable trick is to review the actual products for them, for a fee of course. Read more about paid reviews and Pay Per Post on Pureblogging.com
- Google AdSense: Setting up Google AdSense on your blog is an easy way to make money without spending any time. Once you’ve registered your domain for AdSense, Google will post relevant ads from participating advertisers onto your blog. When readers click on the ads, you receive a percentage of the ad revenue. Click on the Google AdSense page to learn more.
- Ask for donations: It seems tacky, but asking for donations to help support your blog is actually quite common. Convince your readers that they’re helping your cause: without a little financial support, you may not even be able to continue blogging. Don’t ask for a large sum, and be grateful for anything you do get.
- Link your professional website to your blog: Drive traffic to your homepage to transform readers into potential customers.
- Blogads.com: This site is another source that will put you in touch with advertisers. Here you can find out how you can play a more active role in selecting the kinds of advertisers you want to promote.
- Bidvertiser.com: Search through this website’s directory of approved advertisers to find the ones that best suit your blog or website. You get paid each time someone clicks on the ads.
- Write for Thisisby.us: Thisisby.us is a website that fosters a community of both writers and readers. Sign up to write for the site and earn 50% of the revenue. Or, you can just browse through the posts and comment on various articles, earning you 10% of the revenue.
- Freelance for Suite101.com: This site publishes articles on all sorts of topics, from sports to history to pop culture, and more. Sign up to write short articles and blogs, while earning money. You can participate as an entry level writer or a feature writer depending on how much time you have to devote to the project. This site is a great resource for those who are looking to further their freelancing opportunities, or for those with steady jobs but want to earn a little more cash.
- Search Engine Optimization: Read about how to increase your blog’s appearance in search engines at CourtneyTuttle.com.
- Weblogs, Inc.: Get paid for one of nearly 100 blogs featured on this site.
- BlogToProfit.com: Join this networking community to get in touch with the companies who want to advertise on your blog.
- DayTipper.com: Get paid $3 each time you submit a tip. You don’t have to spend lots of time developing a whole article, and the tips can be about nearly anything, like pets, technology, travel, or finance.
- CafePress.com: This idea was inspired by Mike Peed, as seen in The Washington Post. Designing and selling t-shirts, underwear, and other promotional items with your blog’s logo will give you instant profits, as well as boost your advertising off the Web.
- Crisp Ads: Crisp Ads boasts that it is the "premiere blog advertising network." The site strives to give bloggers and advertisers the exposure they crave by creating relevant matches and partnerships.
Register with one or several of these online brokerage firms to watch your money work for you. You’ll get updates on the stock market, and you can buy and sell at virtually anytime you want, quickly and easily.
- InvestingOnline.org: Check out this site before you start investing serious cash on the Internet. Take quizzes to gauge whether or not you’re ready to tackle the world of online investing, read about your rights as an investor, and more.
- ShareBuilder: This website is designed to walk investors through each step of learning and executing trades on the market.
- E*Trade Financial: E*Trade Financial is one of the most popular sites for online investing. Its website claims to manage 4.3 million accounts across the globe.
- TD Ameritrade: TD Ameritrade allows you to trade as much or as little as you’d like. If you’re looking to kill a little extra time at the office each week or at home, this website is worth checking into.
- Fidelity: Start putting away for your retirement early on with profits you make trading with Fidelity.
- Sify Walletwatch: This site is an all-in-one toolbox for getting updates on stocks, managing your trades, and learning new tricks for profitable investing.
- 2BuyShare.com: Buy and sell stocks while you read articles devoted to making you a better trader.
- Scottrade: Allow the brokers at Scottrade to make money for you, while you spend time at your day job.
- Bank of America Investment Services, Inc.: Read about what Bank of America can do for you and your wallet with its investment services.
- BondsOnline.com: Conduct research about and trade your bonds using this great online investment tool.
- HedgeStreet: Open an account with HedgeStreet and start trading in currency, oil, gold, and silver.
Learn about online surveys, becoming a virtual assistant, and more!
- Become a Virtual Assistant. Only be as involved as you want to when you’re a virtual assistant. Setting your own boundaries and list of clientele will allow you to either work as a VA for your full-time job, or just on the side. A virtual assistant is similar to a personal assistant, only all of your work and communication is completed over the Internet and/or phone. Read more about becoming a VA on the Virtual Assistant For You homepage.
- Flixya.com: By sharing photos, blogs, and videos on this site, you can earn 100% of your total generated ad revenue.
- YellowSurveys.com: This site boasts that participants can make $10-$150 an hour taking fun, exciting paid surveys. Follow the link to learn more and sign up.
- You Tube: Follow the link to You Tube’s Web site to learn how to quickly make money by posting your home videos on their site.
- Sell items on eBay. eBay is another simple resource for making money online without having to put in much time. Once you’ve registered for eBay and posted whatever product you’re trying to sell, you just wait for the bidding to end before shipping off your merchandise.
- Play-Asia.com Affiliate Program: Sign up to earn store credit at Play-Asia.com, an online retailer of video games and other entertainment products. Refer other Internet surfers to their Web site by posting their link wherever you want.
- SurveyClub.com: Set aside a few minutes every once in a while to take online surveys and earn some easy money.
- PicFury.com Affiliate Program: Join the affiliate program for PicFury.com, and your photos could be seen all over the Internet. You make money based on the amount of impressions each photo receives.
- eBooks: Read more about writing and selling your very own eBook on the Internet by following the link.
- Freelance as a Web Designer: Even if you don’t have the time or the resources to design an entire company’s website, you could still put your web savvy skills to use by coding and designing a blogger’s site. Visit FreelanceDesigners.com to see what other freelance designers are doing, and how to advertise your own services.
- CashCrate: Complete free offers, try out new products, and take surveys to earn quick cash.
- Shutterstock: Submit your photos to this Web site, and "get paid every time one of your photos is downloaded" from their directory.
- Become a Millionaire in "Second Life." Read this article about how to make real money by participating in a virtual economy.
- Set up an Online Store: Whether you’re trying to get rid of several used items around the house, or you’d like to start your own business selling handmade products, add an online shopping cart to your website and start contacting customers. Try using this software to get you started.
- $$$Secrets.com: This tutorial shares secrets for making big money on the Internet.
- Log on to JobThread.com: Post a JobThread widget onto your Web site or blog and earn major cash. You can request a certain job field that is relevant to your site; for instance, if your blog is about pets, JobThread will post job openings for veterinarians.
- InnerSell Inc.: This site advertises that you can, "Earn additional income when you use the InnerSell system to connect those customers who want what you don’t sell with trusted Vendors."
- Amazon.com Affiliate: Read this article by Scott Allen to better understand the system behind the Amazon.com Affiliate program. You can make easy, fast money with little effort.
- A1Tutor.com: Become a tutor by logging on to this learning network.
- ShoppingJobs.net: Getting paid to shop seems like a dream, but you really can make money by shopping and eating out.
- Be a Host or Moderator for a Web site. This article by Kelly Land gives tips for becoming a paid host online.
- Start your own Credit Card Business. This idea may seem like it would take up a lot of your time, but it really won’t. Read the article, and earn some extra spending money each month.
- Virtual Vocations: Check out this site for tons of easy jobs you can do from your own computer.
Hopefully there are at least a few ideas here that strike your fancy and will help you start making money on the Internet in no time, whether on your breaks at work, at home, or even on vacation. There are so many options out there that there’s bound to be something that works for you.
If you enjoyed this article, please bookmark it at del.icio.us »