Thursday, January 28, 2010 at 3:39pm by Site Administrator
When you’re going it alone, it’s vitally important that you get support. The best way to do that in business is to join a professional network. Whether you’re a writer or an accountant, you’re sure to find help in these groups.
If your freelance work relies on business, get connected in these networks.
- AccountantsWorld: Freelance accountants can get great deals, news, and lots more from this organization.
- Association of Executive Search Consultants: If you’re an executive search freelancer, check out this association.
- Direct Marketing Association: Stay relevant and successful with this association.
- Association for Financial Professionals: If you’re a freelancer in treasury and cash management or corporate finance, this is the place for you.
- United Professional Sales Association: With this network, you’ll get education, a great community, and more.
- Institute of Chartered Accountants: Accountants in England and Wales can enjoy this association’s professional development, referrals, and more.
- AIPMM: International product marketers should join this network for education, connections, and more.
The technologically-inclined will fit in great with these networks.
- AIGA: Join this professional association to get access to ideas, information, education, and so much more.
- Mediabistro: Find jobs, education, news, and lots more on mediabistro.
- Association for Computing Machinery: This association offers publications, career resources, and more for freelancers in the advanced computing profession.
- The Usability Professionals’ Association: Check out this network’s job bank, exhibits, and more.
- Six Apart: Learn how to get more out of your Six Apart blogging platforms and more in this network.
- leniche Digital Media: Find tutorials, jobs, and more with this freelance community.
- Acoustical Society of America: This acoustics society represents professionals in engineering, robotics, music, psychology, and more.
- National Association of Science Writers: Get help with contracts, query letters, and more with this association.
- IEEE: This leading technology association offers conferences, publications, education, career assistance and more to freelance technology professionals.
- Association of Information Technology Professionals: If you’re an IT professional, be sure to check out this group.
- TalkFreelance: In this web development community, you can take advantage of their marketplace, get help, and more.
- Graphic Artists Guild: Check out this guild to learn, get jobs, and more.
- British Computer Society: British IT Professionals can join this organization for qualifications, development, and more.
- Digital Media Association: Stay on top of issues, events, and much more with this community.
Whether you’re an artist of language or canvas, these groups are great for networking.
- International Freelance Photographers Organization: Register with IFPO for credentials, education, and assignments.
- The Association of Illustrators: Freelance illustrators should check out this organization for resources, news, and more.
- Jewelry Design Professionals’ Network: Share ideas, interaction, and more with this network for professional jewelry designers.
- Wedding and Portrait Photographers International: Here you’ll get access to programs, services and more aimed at wedding and portrait photographers.
- Writers-Editors Network: Get resources, inspiration, work, and more from this network.
- TEFL: Use this network of English language teaching professionals to find a job, guidance, and more.
- The Illustrators’ Partnership of America: Join this partnership to get great resources and more.
- Photo Marketing Association International: Look to PMAI for conventions, news, and much more.
- Society of Professional Journalists: Get in this network’s directory, use their tools, and connect with others.
- Freelance Business and Technology Writers Association: Stay on top of news, resources, and more with this association.
- Freelance Artists Network: In this network, you’ll join the ranks of talented freelance artists in the fields of portraiture, fine arts, and more.
- Editorial Freelancers Association: This network is full of resources, jobs, and more.
- Professional Photographers of America: One of the largest professional photography associations, this group will help you find resources, education, and more.
These networks are open to just about any freelancer who will join them.
- Freelancers.net: Find jobs and more on this UK-centric freelancing network.
- LinkedIn: This professional networking site is great for freelancers in any field.
- Freelancers Union: Get connected, take action, and even get insurance from this union.
- Orkut: Connect with business contacts and more on this networking site.
- Minority Professional Network: This network offers a connection for job seeking, promotion, and more.
- Freelance Nation: Here you’ll find jobs, business management resources, and much more.
- Freelance Community of Interest: Check out this freelancing community for court reporters.
- IMDiversity: This professional network for minorities will help you get connected with opportunities.
- Ecademy: On Ecademy, you’ll meet new contacts, get business support, and more.
- FreelanceSwitch: Get advice, community support, and more from this network and blog.
- Freelance Mom Network: Join this community of mothers and entrepreneurs for guidance and more.
- Business Know-How: Network, find suppliers, and more in this small business network.
- iHispano: Get tools for finding opportunities and more with this network.
- Xing: Join this network to put the six degrees of separation theory into practice.
- Ryze: Reconnect with friends and business acquaintances with this network.
- Your local chamber of commerce: When you’re trying to establish yourself in your local area, perhaps the best network is the one in your own backyard.