Saturday, January 26, 2008 at 1:58am by Site Administrator
With so much going on at home and at work, getting the clutter off of your desk and out of your closet can seem like the last thing on your mind. But clutter can do more than take up space, it can also have a marked affect on your state of mind. Cluttered spaces can zap your productivity and make even doing simple day-to-day tasks take much longer than they should. Here are 50 resources you can check out to help you learn how to clear out the clutter and take back your productivity.
Get great advice and ideas on clearing out the clutter in your life from these bloggers.
- Unclutter.com: This blog is all about fighting clutter and getting organized. Find articles on everything from decluttering your kitchen to cleaning out your purse or wallet.
- Zenhabits: Find your inner Zen guru on this blog. Learn about how to simplify, declutter, get in shape, increase your productivity and more.
- Your Life. Organized: Monica Ricci blogs all about getting organized here. You’ll also find a series of podcasts, and links to great organizational resources.
- Declutter It!: Written by Julie Bonner, this blog gives suggestions and advice on how you can make your life more clutter free both at home and at the office.
- The Positivity Blog: Learn to look at the bright side with this blog. There are also loads of posts on simplfiying your life and becoming more productive.
- FlyLady: The Fly Lady is a decluttering and cleaning guru. On her site you’ll find information on how to implement her clutter clearing process as well as humorous insights.
- Neat and Simple Living Blog: This blog is dedicated to helping readers let go of clutter, organize, acquire less, and learn to love life.
- The Clutter Diet Blog: Author Lorie Marrero blogs about all things related to organization and decluttering. Check out recent posts on organizing holiday decorations and keeping your bookshelf neat and clean.
- Jeri’s Organizing and Decluttering News: Professional organizer Jeri Dansky gives her ideas and thoughts on organization in this informative blog.
- The Happy Living Blog: Are the things in your home making you miserable? Check out this blog to learn how to live happier and more simply.
- Organization Place Blog: This blog gives you links to tons of organizational products that can help make your life a little easier.
- My Simpler Life: Here you’ll find advice and commentary on how to live a simpler life with less stuff and still be happy and fulfilled.
- Organising Queen: This blog is all about organizing your life. From your time and space to your business and personal life, you’ll find information on all aspects of organization.
- Organizing Your Home and Family: This blog lives up to its name, with loads of posts on how you can make your life easier at home by keeping things organized and streamlined.
Need a little guidance on getting started or help keeping up? These articles can give you some pointers and make getting clutter free easier than ever.
- Declutter 101: Where Do I Start?: Beginner declutters should check out this primer to learn the basics of getting started cleaning up your home or office.
- How to Declutter Your Life: Here you’ll find helpful advice on how to streamline your life and eliminate clutter as well as some tips on things to avoid.
- Organizing 101: Resolve to Declutter: This article from Style at Home can help you learn how to get organized by eliminating some of the clutter around your home.
- 15 Great Decluttering Tips: For those who struggle with decluttering, cleaning up and throwing things out can be a real battle. Here you’ll find 15 tips from fellow clutterbugs on how to keep your home clean and tidy.
- Declutter Your Desk: If you’re like most people, you spend the better part of your day sitting at your desk so make it a pleasant and organized place to be by using the tips in this article.
- 50 Tips to Unclutter Your Blog: If you make money from your blog, having one that’s clutter free and easy to read can make a big difference in your profit margin. This article will give you some pointers on making your blog look clean and user friendly.
- This is the Year to Declutter Your Life: Check out these articles from the Oprah show to help you start the year out clutter free. You’ll find videos and articles on the reasons behind clutter, how you can challenge yourself to make a clean sweep, and inspiring stories of others who made big changes in fighting clutter.
- Top Ten Creative Ways to Declutter: Clearing your home of clutter doesn’t have to be completely boring and tedious. This article gives some ideas on how to make cleaning out your closet more exciting and imaginative.
- Spring Cleaning Checklist: Start off the spring, or any other season, with a sparkling clean home. This checklist will take you through all the parts of your home that you should give a good scrub and thorough cleaning.
- 5 Steps from Clutter to Control: Fighting clutter doesn’t have to be a drawn out battle. This article gives some simple ways that you can start taking control of your space again.
- Clear Your Clutter with Feng Shui: Get advice on getting rid of all the junk sitting around your house and make it work in harmony with the principles of Feng Shui in this article from About.com.
- Conquering Clutter: This informative and in-depth article from the AARP gives some insight into the reasons behind the clutter in our lives as well as ways we can fight it.
- How to Purge Your Closet: Don’t let your clothes take over your closet. This article can help you learn how to fight the the overflow and gives a simple way you can help yourself know what to give away.
- Zen Mind: How to Declutter: Help to clear your mind by cleaning your space. This article gives several great tips on how to tackle day-to-day clutter without becoming overwhelmed.
- Top 10 Ways to Declutter Your Digital Life: Clutter doesn’t just have to be in tangible form, it can also make it very difficult to do work on your computer if you let files, photos and emails pile up on your hard drive. This article will give you ten ways you can reduce this kind of clutter.
These computer programs will help you clean up your desktop and keep the rest of your life organized and hassle free.
- Chaos Antidote: Have a messy hard drive that just can’t seem to be tamed? Try out this program to help you get control of the clutter that builds up on your virtual desktop just like it does on your real desktop.
- Famundo: This program is great for busy families. It has calendars, address books, photo sharing and more to keep you organized and ready to go.
- My Reminder Service: Get rid of all those sticky notes and index cards with reminders scrawled on them and put your important tasks in this program instead. It will send a reminder to your cell phone, PDA or email so you’ll never forget an important date.
- Check Free: Eliminate the messy paperwork from phone, power and water bills by paying them online. This service allows you to get and pay almost any bill online.
- Absolutely Busy: Never lose a client’s or friend’s email again with this program. You can enter contact information, track leads, and even stay on top of projects.
Organizations and Groups
Whether you’re looking for help cleaning out your garage or just want to meet with others that have clutter issues, these groups can help.
- National Association of Professional Organizers: Sometimes you just need a little professional help. Find an organizer near you through this association and get organization tips to help you get started on your own.
- Faithful Organizers: This organization focuses on professional organizers that also embrace the Christian faith. If you’re looking for a professional that shares your values as well as your need to get things organized check out this site to find someone to call in your neighborhood.
- Messiestalk: This online forum, created by founder of Messies Anonymous Sandra Felton, gives users a way to chat about any clutter, cleaning and organization issues they might have and get tips and advice from others.
- Clutterers Anonymous: Need some help and support overcoming the clutter in your home? Find all the resources you need on this site to get the assistance you need from others in your same boat.
- Freecycle: What to do with all that stuff you cleaned out of your closet? Try trading it or giving it away on Freecycle. You’ll be getting clutter out of your home and giving your stuff to someone who needs it.
- Declutter Meetups: Here you’ll find links to groups that meet to discuss clutter, organizing and living simply all over the United States so you can make new friends and get your clutter under control.
This collection of websites can help you find resources about clutter, give advice, and provide great reading material for motivating you.
- Real Simple: The online version of this print magazine is a great place to get tips and ideas on simplifying your life, cleaning, and organizing your home.
- How To Organize, Declutter & Simplify Your Life: This Squidoo lens gives some great advice and tips on ways you can help eliminate clutter from your life, organize your closet, and more.
- Online Organizing.com: Here you’ll find resources to purchase organization materials, hire a professional, get advice, get a newsletter and loads of other useful resources to help you get a handle on the chaos in your life.
- Clutterbug.net: Professional organizer Christy Best gives advice on everything from organizing for the holidays to how clutter prone people should shop on this informative website.
- Declutter First: This site is dedicated to helping people get organized by first decluttering their lives. You’ll find articles on clearing clutter from your kitchen, garage and closets as well as some general tips to keep in mind.
- Organized Home: This website is full of ideas on how you can clean up and organize your home. Learn how to create a storage plan, get rid of unneeded wardrobe items and more.
- Life Organizers: Does your life need a decluttering overhaul? This site has loads of articles on cleaning, organizing, and decluttering your home as well as on how you can live happier and healthier.
- Clutter Workshop: This site, by clutter relief coach Beth Johnson, contains an ebook, online classes, and even forums where you can get help eliminating clutter from your life.
- How to Get Rid of Things: If you’re the type of person who hangs on to 10 years worth of magazines that you never look at, chances are that you could use a little help getting rid of some things around the house. This site gives advice on what to toss in just about every category.
- Home Organize It: On this site you’ll find loads of resources on getting the mess out of your home. From hiring a professional to cleaning out your business or personal office, this site has information on it all.